Adventures In Paddle Boarding



Today I went paddle boarding for the first time, I had a blast, and both the weather and the water were great.

I have a very long, master to-do list/bucket list/wish list, full of things I want to do, but I had never given much thought to paddle boarding - maybe because in pictures I wasn’t too crazy about standing on a board. I’m honestly not sure why paddle boarding hadn’t made it on my list, but even so, I’m glad I was able to do it.

I was out on the water for about two or three hours with my sister and a friend, and we started paddling in one direction, then ended up in another. There were a couple of times we fought hard against the current, and the wind. It felt like even as we paddled we weren’t getting anywhere, and we had to redirect the board and paddle hard to make progress, but eventually the water calmed down and the wind ceased.

While I was out there on the water, I thought back to a decade ago when I would not have been so eager to go paddle boarding. At that time, around the age of ten, and under, I would have been scared to even try, but as I paddle boarded today I was relatively confident, as I paddled sitting down and standing up.

It was so neat being free and not scared to stand up on a board in a lake. I was able to be adventurous. I think there are times in our lives where we get to stop and realize how much we’ve grown - rather we’re more open to change, or more willing to try new things, more open to try those healthier foods that we just knew we would never eat; we’re able to step out of our comfort zone, or shyness, and talk to people, or maybe we’ve just become more mature as we’ve grown older in age and experience. It’s always great to recognize those experiences that have helped us grow in life.

It’s good to reflect back on how far you’ve come as a person, whether it be spiritually, emotionally, or in any other area of your life. Growth is a great, though sometimes scary, thing that we should always be thankful for, and that we should constantly strive for, whether it feels good or not.

Thanks for reading. Hope your week is fantabulous. 

*image was found on google*

Comments

Popular Posts