Five Amazing Gifts God Has Given Us

The Five Senses ~

God has blessed us with five amazing gifts - our five senses. All five - sight, hearing, touch, taste and smell - are important, very important. Therefore, when any of these five senses are missing you are greatly affected, but God made it so that if you were to lose, say your hearing, all your other senses become stronger or more heightened. Now that is amazing to me.

What If You Were Missing One ~

I watched this film a few years ago entitled, “Sweet Nothing In My Ear.” It was about a deaf little boy and the conflict between his parents concerning his deafness.

The boy was born hearing, and so his hearing father tries everything to help his son hear again. His deaf mother, (also born hearing), wants her son to be able to accept and be comfortable with his deafness, understanding that nothing is wrong with being deaf, versus having the ability to hear.

Watching the film made me think about what I'd do or how I'd feel if my child was deaf, or maybe even me. Have you ever wondered what you'd do if you lost any one of your senses? Have you ever asked yourself which sense might you possibly be able to live without? Would you be in good spirits, trusting God, or depressed and always sad?

I've wondered and asked myself all of these questions at one time or another. Now of course I don't desire to lose any of my five senses, but should it ever happen, God forbid, I need to know that I'm no less a person. That my worth hasn't or will not change. I would still be valuable and important, especially to God. As a child of God I would want to be in good spirits and trust God through it all. What about you?

(For the record, I think I'd rather live without smell over any of the others. Would anybody agree?)

Let's Be Grateful ~ 

Would you agree that many of us take our five senses for granted, or even the fact that we have our legs to walk, etc? I definitely think so.

We want to enjoy the five senses we've been blessed with, but we certainly don't want to take them for granted.

Take a moment to reflect on God's awesomeness and thank Him for the gift of sight, hearing, touch, taste, and smell.

Be Grateful!

Comments

Popular Posts