New Year, New Decade, Fresh Start




Happy New Year!! Yes, we’re already a month into 2020, but it’s still totally acceptable to say Happy New Year, plus this is my first post of the year.

Is it crazy to anyone else that it’s 2020? It sounds so weird to say, but here we are.

It’s a new year, and a new decade. Maybe looking back we think about all the many mistakes we’ve made, or we may be disappointed with where we are in life and how we wanted to have been further along by now. I can completely relate to that.

At some point in my life, maybe around my pre-teen and early teen years, I had mental plans and goals of where I wanted to be and where I thought I should be by this time in my life. I don’t really know why I had, and honestly still have, an idea in my head of what I should know or what I should have attained by now. Maybe it’s because others around me in my age bracket had attained and accomplished this or that. Or maybe it’s the influence of the culture.

Either way, I honestly don’t really think that having goals or an idea of what you want to know, what you want to have done by a certain age is in itself bad, it could even be healthy, but I do think that for me at least, I need to get to a place of “okay, this and this didn’t happen, but I have to move forward.”

It’s a new year. A chance for a fresh start. A chance to lay aside what is behind me. Lay everything in God’s hands - what I am, what I’m not; where I am, and where I’m not. Putting it all aside and focusing on Him.

Yes, there were things last year that I wish I had done better, or things I wish I had kept pursuing and growing in all year, but with a new year comes a new start, fresh start.

Ultimately, I want to know my God. I want to move forward drawing closer to Him, hear His will for me in all things and walk in it.

Embrace and seize every day God gives you to draw closer to Him, to worship and adore Him, to do all things well, as unto Him and for His glory - from writing, school, and work.

It’s a new year, a new decade, a chance for a fresh start, and another opportunity to serve God and live for Him with all of our hearts.

I hope you’re having an awesome new year so far! Stick with Jesus and pursue Him!


In Christ’s Love, 
Gabrielle



*this photo does not belong to me*

Comments

Popular Posts