People Are Truly Hurting

A couple months ago, I had a chance to go see the film, I Can Only Imagine, in theaters.

For those of you who don’t know, I Can Only Imagine is a Christian film telling the true story of the man who wrote the popular song, I Can Only Imagine.

His name is Bart Millard, and it was incredible to see the Lord at work in his life. Seeing how the Lord kept him even while walking through hard times.

While I was watching the film, and feeling the pain that Bart experienced in his life, my thought was, people are truly hurting. It’s not like I didn’t know this fact, but the reality of it hit me in a new way. It hit me afresh.

People we encounter everyday, in stores, at work, and at school are hurting and carrying so much pain. They are separated from light and living in utter darkness, and we have the words of life.

Who are we to keep Jesus from others? If we have truly encountered Christ, and His love, there’s really no way you could keep it to yourself. Just like other things in life, you have to share good news, and the good news of Jesus Christ is too good not to share. His love is too amazing not to share with others.

Many times you can only see what’s on the surface. Sometimes we can’t easily see just how much a person is hurting, and broken on the inside.

God has placed people in our lives at work or at school to be able to be a light to them, because He wants to rescue them. To mend their broken hearts. To give them new life. To snatch them out of darkness.

These days I can see it more than ever, the lost-ness of those around me. People carry a facade that everything is okay, but inside they’re truly hurting. It makes me cry not only that people are separated from the life source, but what’s also heart wrenching is all the things that some people have gone through - especially emotional, mental, verbal, and physical abuse.

I implore you, and I implore myself, to be more sensitive to where God is moving, and not be in such a hurry all the time when we’re out and about on errands. Slowing down just a little bit might open up an opportunity to share the gospel and God’s unconditional love with someone, and God could use that encounter to completely alter that person’s life for eternity. Only God can do it.

 ~

Thanks so much for reading. I hope this was motivating to someone. 

*the image was found on google*

Comments

  1. The Lord has been teaching me lately that as a Christian, my words and attitude ought to be marked with compassion and a commitment to care for others rather than condemnation and continually complaining about others. We are prone to do the latter when we have been called to the former. Thanks for the necessary reminder! (Also, I CAN ONLY IMAGINE was a great movie!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really was a great movie! I agree, we are so often prone to the latter, but thank God that He working on us all, and imprinting His character in us.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts