Praying For Our Parents


Image result for praying for our parents 

 A few months ago my dad asked my siblings and I if we prayed for him. We answered by saying yes, but not consistently. He then asked us to pray for him consistently.

I was just thinking about this the other day, and kinda pondering over the fact that as offspring we should keep our parents in prayer, just like they pray for us. Even for myself, I often find that for whatever reason I don't really pray for my parents. I don't know why, but I see that I should.

 One thing to realize as offspring is that our parents are not anywhere near perfect. They’re people too. They struggle. They make mistakes. So yes, we should pray for them consistently, rather that means throughout the day, daily or weekly. We wanna pray for our parents as individuals and as parents. For God to give them guidance, wisdom and strength.

If you think back to when you were a little kid and you said your prayers every night you probably were one of those kids who prayed in lists - God thank you for mommy, daddy, my sister Susie, my brother Johnny, etc. Even as a teenagers, and adults, we should keep our parents in prayer.

I encourage and challenge you, and myself, to prayer for our parents on a regular basis.

Hope you had a great day, and enjoy the rest of your week. 


*the image was found on google, and is not mine*

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts