I Wanna Be Honest & Humble



Here’s the truth: I am not perfect.

As another human being, I know you already know that but seriously, I want to expound a little.

Due to God being God, what my relationship with Him has been like, and the parenting I experienced, I always get compliments from people - You're so sweet. You're so thoughtful. You're beautiful. You're amazing. You dress like a lady. You're a great friend. You're always there for me. You're so fun. You're so mature. You're very encouraging. Etcetera, etcetera.

All those compliments may be true and valid but I also have things about me that are ugly. Sometimes your friends and acquaintances don't see the bad and ugly unless you're put into a situation and it comes out. I want my friends and acquaintances to know that even though I might be happy, energetic and always smiling, I'm not always like that in real life. I struggle with pride. I can be selfish. I shed tears now and again. I can be very dogmatic. I can be very unfaithful to God in my relationship with Him. There are times negative comments can slip out of my mouth. I can be nonchalant. I can even be rude. I can be grumpy. A tad too blunt. Or inconsiderate. And probably some other things I haven't had the eyes to see. God sees the good, bad and ugly and He loves me anyway. I'm so grateful.

I think sometimes we, even me, can get used to all the compliments we may receive and a voice whispers to us that we are flawless and perfect, and it can be easy to believe if we're not humbling ourselves before God and giving Him the glory.  

I seek to be humble and never put up the facade that my life is all cream and peaches, rather that be to my friends, acquaintances; fellow brothers and sister in Christ, or unbelievers. I wanna be honest and allow God to continue pruning me; cutting away, and removing. Allowing the process of sanctification to happen in my life.

Lord, Help Me To Be Humble Always.

*the photo in this post is not mine. It is from the internet - google*

Comments

  1. Humility and honesty, along with holiness and hospitality, are characteristics I pray for God to grow me in so I can honor Him with my life. I am grateful I am saved by His grace and I hope these characteristics are done out of gratitude toward for the grace of God! Continue to fight the good fight of faith, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts