What Skateboarding Taught Me About Growth


Recently I went on a trip and absolutely fell in love with skateboarding. It was something I always wanted to do, not necessarily all the cool tricks even though that would be awesome too, but at least the basic level of skateboarding.

I was in a park skating around, and in a certain area there was actually a skate park. I attempted to try one of the small ramps to skate down but that didn’t work out very well. As I thought about how I really wanted to go further and skate down a ramp even though I was very hesitant, or maybe even scared, I also thought about how I want to go further in Christ and move to a new and deep level spiritually, I’m scared. Scared of what a closer relationship with Christ means. Scared that I’ll never really get there. Scared that I’ll fall down too hard, or mess up too much.

When it comes to skateboarding, if you want to get better and do all the tricks, and skate on ramps and such, you must first just do it. Not just stay at the basic level, inwardly wishing you could do more, but actually making an effort.

If I really want to grow in Christ and be all He wants me to be I must take the first steps and do what I know to do, and trust Him.

I hope you are encouraged to grow in your relationship with God. Growth Is Necessary. God Bless.

*the photos in this post are not mine, but were found on google*

Comments

Popular Posts