"I Don't Worry. I Worship."





In the book Holy Roar: 7 Words That Will Change The Way You Worship, Darren Whitehead tells a story of a man who, because of his situation had every right to be worried and anxious. Darren Whitehead in that moment said to him,”You must be worried out of your mind.” His response was,“I don't worry. I worship."

That statement was very impactful to me. It made me think about my life - past, present and future - and specifically in relation to worrying and going through situations, versus simply trusting God and worshipping Him in the midst of a situation, rather small or big. Made me think about how I want to get to that point in my relationship with God where even when I go through something, or when I'm in a situation I just trust Him, worship Him, and hold claim to the peace that is available for every child of God in good and bad times. When times come that I find myself worrying I want to encourage and exhort myself to worship God and simply trust God. Even at this time in my life, I've found that I really don't trust God and rest in Him the way I need to, or even as much as I thought I did.

From now on, I want to be able to say, I don’t worry. I don’t fret. I don’t fear and take myself through. I worship. I trust. I rest in God.



~

How about you? Do you really trust God as much as you should, or how much you thought you did? Do you seek to worship God and keep your eyes on Him through the storms of life?

If you can truly say that you do rest in God and lean on Him, how did you get there? What have you learned over the years?

Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section below!

Have a great rest of your day!





*Disclaimer - the two photos in this post are not mine. I got them from Pinterest. (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/538602436661406846/......https://www.pinterest.com/pin/256705247491718633/ )*

Comments

  1. It's definitely easier to worry than worship, but God is ultimately in control and deserves our worship. Thanks for the reminder!

    https://tizziestidbits.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! This is definitely something I'm working on myself! ;)

      Delete
  2. :) As with your other article, God seems to be sending it my way at the right time. It's ironic that I'm reading it today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara! WELL PRAISE GOD!! God often does that - allows us to read or hear something right when we need it!

      Thanks so much for reading and commenting. It means a lot!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts