2020: The Best of Times & The Worst of Times

It has been awhile since I've posted. Definitely not intentionally, but after serving at Camp David for the Summer of last year there was a lot going on with me, and here I am posting again for the first time in months. I guess I just needed a little break too, but I’m planning to get back to posting regularly soon.


2020 was the best of times and worst of times. It was the best of times in that I had a wonderful time serving at camp and it was awesome knowing that being there was exactly where God wanted me. Last year held a lot of awesome memories - Summer fun, new relationships, quality time with people, weddings, pregnancy announcements, etc. 

Last year was the worst of times in that I lost a lot of people. No one passed from covid or major illnesses, but there were many older people in my life that passed and it was really hard. It’s still really hard. I have days that I just cry. Days I’m in denial. Just recently hit the eight year mark of a close aunt’s passing, and I can’t believe it’s been that long. 

Grief has been a very real thing for me, but God is so good and knows how to comfort His people. 

For the world, 2020 held shut downs, lockdowns and people gripped by fear and panic as the government announced a pandemic, (no, plan-demic). To be honest, I can say that fear did not grip me at all. Many years ago I probably would have been afraid and nervous, so thank God for growth. 

2020 held opportunities for people to get outside more and enjoy nature, and spend more quality time with their families. On the flip side, I imagine that some endured domestic abuse, and many awful things while at home when schools were closed or jobs were paused. I can only imagine.

It has been crazy. Watching people wear masks all around me, afraid to touch or see in person their loved ones; afraid of getting sick and dying; businesses shutting down, etc. There’s so much going. 

I won’t go into detail right now, but as 2020 went on I was able to clearly see that this man made virus has been planned for years by the radical globalists, elites and leftists. There’s a larger agenda at play here. There’s so much fake news and propaganda being propagated to the masses, and people are believing the lies. Our freedoms and Constitutional rights are being stripped from us, but many are too blind to see. 

As it was preached at my church some months ago,” The mask is symbolic of being muzzled.” “The enemy is using this plan-demic to muzzle the church and render it non-essential. 

For anyone who has eyes to see and will allow God to speak and reveal, it will be obvious that the enemy is coming after God’s people to silence us, and he’s seeking to gain control of the masses. 

As children of God, we have nothing to fear. There are certainly many things going on and there will be more things that will happen, but in the end we win, and God is still in complete control.

It saddens me to see so many buying into the lies of the culture, mainstream media and the radical leftists that pose as if they actually care about America. It breaks my heart that so many are actually being hoodwinked, even those who belong to God. 

But God. I strongly sense that God is about to do something big. I don’t know what, but praying for God to expose the enemy, and that the masses will see Truth. That all the lies and fake news will be revealed to those who are willing to see and desire Truth. 

Praying for God’s Spirit to bring people unto Himself while there is still time.  

So yes, there was a lot going on last year, and there will be more to happen this year (and there has already been a lot happening this year), but the good news is that God is still King. Hang on to His promises, stand on His Word, proclaim the gospel, know your rights and keep your eyes open, seeking to differentiate between what’s false and truth. 

By the Spirit of God you can know what’s true and what’s false, and God is even able to expose the plan of the enemy. 


In Christ's Love,

Gabrielle


Comments

Popular Posts