An Explanation

Hello. Yes, I know, I’ve been MIA for awhile now. I had already planned to take a break in January, but I also did intend to write again before the New Year started. Life has just been so crazy, but nevertheless, Happy New Years.

Let Me Explain

Every January my local assembly has a time of consecration, prayer, and fasting. During this time we are seeking God, pushing back the plate for spiritual purposes, along with unnecessary things - fun activities, social gatherings, entertainment, etc. Setting ourselves apart to seek and hear from God.

Last year, our theme for the year, which in my opinion is still kind of a theme, was taken from Isaiah 50:7b, and 55:6 -

“I have set my face like flint (to) seek the Lord while He may be found; (and to) call upon Him while He is near.”

God has done so much among His people, specifically over this past month - saved, given answers, delivered out of bondage, and so many deep things that we may not understand yet.

One of our main scriptures for January has always been Isaiah 58. This chapter outlines biblical fasting, the how to, and the benefits.

Verse six has always been a key verse for me. It reads, “Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?”

This right here has been something that I have seen God do among my local assembly. He has delivered, set free, and broken chains.

God most definitely desires to make His people free, so that He may freely use us to bring others into the kingdom of light and out of darkness.

Three Words 

At the beginning of every year, I have a word, or a few words, to kinda always have before me to keep me on track and focused. Also, in my devotional I usually, along with the words, write some keys songs. This year I have three words:  Focus. Consistency. Growth.

All three words basically go together - Focusing on God, staying consistent in my time with God, and pursuing growth spiritually. Each word is also applicable with other areas, such as furthering my education, and other things that I’m planning to work on and pursue. I desire to not waste time, but to have focus and consistency, so that I can grow and get things done.

And in case you were wondering, some of my main songs are these: Clear the Stage by Jimmy Needham, Seekers of Your Heart by Sandi Patty, The More I Seek You by Kari Jobe, and Give Me You by Shana Wilson.

I’m Back Now

I am now back to posting again. I missed this past Tuesday because life has been so busy I feel like I barely have time to relax sometimes, but God has been so good, and I look forward to see what He has in store for my life this year.

I am seriously considering posting every other Tuesday instead of every week, but the jury is still out on that. We shall see.

This week I shall post twice to make up for this past week. Stay Tuned.


Thank You For Reading. 

Remember To Keep God First In Your Life. 


*the image does not belong to me*

Comments

Popular Posts