Six Things I'm Thankful For



This Thursday, November 22, 2018, is Thanksgiving. A day to reflect over what you’re thankful for and be grateful to God for His many blessings.

I want to share with you six things I’m thankful for:

1) Our Founding Fathers & Freedom
2) Godly Friends
3) Writing
4) Family
5) My Pastor
6 )Life

1) Our Founding Fathers & Freedom

I absolutely love history and all things historic and vintage, but my favorite era hands down is America’s founding era.

I love my country and I love learning about our U.S. Constitution, and the Declaration of Independence. I’m quite fascinated, and so very grateful for our founding fathers - men such as George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, James Madison, etc.

It warms my heart to think about what many of these men gave up, and how they fought for us as a nation.

These men “mutually pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor” so that future generations can be free. Because of the sacrifices and boldness of our founding fathers, biblical principles, and God himself, we are able to live in this free country.

I am grateful that God sought fit to place me in America. Other countries are appealing to live in, but I can truly say that I love my country.

Thank you God!

2) Godly Friends 

Friendships.

Friends are an important part of our lives, and having godly ones is truly priceless and such a blessing.

I thank God for my godly friends. They are truly a blessing. They challenge me, pray for me, listen when I want to talk; they encourage me, either with their words, their life, their obvious love for God and desire to please and honor Him.

Thank you God for placing godly friends in my life. I’m so very thankful.

3) Writing 

I love to write. I love to string together words into sentences that convey a message, idea, or thought that can inspire, challenge, and encourage others.

I am thankful that I have the ability to write, and that God has blessed me with the gift of writing, for His glory.

I know that I don’t have this ability to write to impress others or seek fame, but to glorify God and point others to Him, as well as hear what God is speaking to me when I read over my own writing.

God, I am humbled that you see fit to use me as your vessel in the avenue of writing. Help me to steward this gift and to always bring you praise and honor.

4) Family

Not everyone has a family. Not everyone has a mother and father, or siblings. Not everyone gets to grow up surrounded by family who loves them and takes care of them.

God has blessed me with a family, and I am grateful for not only having a family but one that seeks to do God’s will and parents who point me to Christ, and want to see me live for Him.

Thank you for giving me a family, and parents who love Jesus.

5) My Pastor

There are pastors out there who do not preach God’s Word, and do not preach the gospel message unto repentance, but I am grateful to God that He gave me a pastor after His own heart. One that loves God, points you to Christ, will stand on God’s Word no matter what and against the enemy.

Thank you God for the pastor that you have given me.

6) Life 

Life is beautiful. God’s creation is beautiful, and living life in its simplicity, with all the small, simple details is amazing.

I am thankful for life, and for the ability to enjoy and bask in all the little things - taking walks, reading a book, enjoying a warm beverage, singing, pretty dresses, Christmas lights, admiring the gorgeous autumn colors, dancing, laughter, baby giggles, and genuine hugs.

Thank you God for the gift of life itself.

~

This Thanksgiving, I hope you take a moment to think about what you’re thankful for, even in the midst of getting “Thanksgiving dinner” prepared, traveling to visit with family, and just all the busyness that may be going on this week.

There is a song by Kurt Carr entitled, “I Am The One,” and it talks about the ten lepers that Jesus healed, and how there was one of the ten that came back to tell Him thank you.

The chorus of the song says:

“I am the one
I am the one
I am the one that came back to say thank You Lord
For all that You’ve done
I’m grateful for everything You’ve done
I had to come back
My heart made me run back
And tell You thank you
Thank you, thank you
I had to come back
My heart made me run back
And tell You thank you”


Let us remember to tell God thank you, and give Him all the glory and honor.

Have A Blessed Thanksgiving.


*image was found on google*

Comments

Popular Posts