Thankful For The Deep Things Of God


Every year on Thanksgiving, my local assembly always has a morning service, and usually we have the same guest come to preach the Word. This year, as always, he talked about a lot, and the Word was timely and powerful. One of the things he spoke on was being thankful for the deep things of God.

So often when we talk about what we’re thankful for, or what we’re grateful to God for and it’s usually more surface things or maybe even material - my parents, friends, a job, a car, my house, my new phone, etc - and that’s great, don’t get me wrong. We most definitely should be grateful for every blessing that God has given, from the seemingly smallest thing to the biggest thing, but let us also go deeper.

God spoke a lot on this past Thanksgiving through His servant, but one thing that I took away is being thankful to God for the deep things - that my name is written in the lamb’s book of life, that He sought fit to give me a pastor after His own heart; thankful that He constantly pursues me even when I’m not faithful; and even deeper - thankful that He has given me “power to tread upon serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy...”

Thankful to God that because of Christ we are victorious, and therefore, we don’t have to feel defeated.Thankful that we can reach God and live in the Spirit, and experience the supernatural in our daily lives. Thankful that we can walk in total victory and live without fear or worry.

As the Word of God was preached, I saw how when we experience the deep things of God we have such a greater determination and conviction to stand. Stand on His Word, stand in the midst of persecution. Stand even when nobody else, but God, is around. Stand with a steadfastness, unmovable, and firm.

It’s tapping into the deep things of God that cause us to stand. Simply believing in God, that He died for you, and being thankful for everything that you have is not enough. Experiencing God for ourselves is what causes us to stand and have the resolve and determination to live for Him without compromise.

I think we should all strive to reach that place in our spiritual growth that nothing moves us because we are steadfast. Getting to that place of “nothing but you Lord. You are my focus, and I want to be a vessel for you everyday. I want to be so intimate with you that I never leave your presence. That the God on the inside of me would rise up on a regular basis and blow my mind. Experiencing you so much so that people see you in me. I want to be that sold out to you God that I lay aside my insecurities, fears and doubts because my focus is constantly and completely on you and furthering your kingdom. Do it in me Lord. Help me grow in you continually that I may be where you want me to be.”

That’s my prayer, and I hope it is yours as well.

There is a greater thankfulness to God that comes out of experiencing Him and knowing that He chooses you to accomplish His plan in the earth. He’s all powerful and totally capable of doing His work without us, but He uses us anyway, even when we think we are weak or not capable.

One of my favorite quotes say, “God does not call those who are equipped, He equips those whom He has called.” 

This quote reminds and encourages me that I can’t do anything by myself. He equips me, and has been equipping me and investing in me for years. He does it. I’m just His vessel.

So what do I mean by “Thankful For The Deep Things of God?” I mean being thankful for more than just the physical and natural, but a deep thankfulness for those things of God that go deeper, those things that take us out of this realm - the mysteries of God, and His power that we can experience, and should be experiencing now.

I’m thankful for the depth in Christ that we can go as His children. Thankful that He doesn’t leave us where we are, but that He constantly pursues us and calls us higher. Thankful that He is real, and that He is such a good Father.

On Thanksgiving, it was said during the preached Word that, “There is power, confidence and great joy of living in the felt presence of God. Knowing that God is real provokes a thankfulness that the world cannot understand.”

Aren’t you thankful that you can experience and live in His presence daily? I know I am. Being in God’s presence is one of the best things ever, in my personal opinion.

Let’s Be Thankful To God. Thankful for more than just the clothes on our backs, our friends, our house, etc., but for His presence, His working in our lives, and His blood that reaches, as the songwriter says, “to the highest mountain, and it flows to the lowest valley.” Thankful that He is indeed real, and that we know He’s real because we’ve experienced Him for ourselves.

Have A Blessed Week, And Be Encouraged.


*image was found on google*

Comments

  1. Gabrielle, thank you for sharing with us (your readers) what God is teaching you about thankfulness and taking us beyond the surface to truly consider expressing gratitude for the deep things of God. A tremendous post. Thank you, sister!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts